Thursday, August 13, 2015

Bridesmaid Dresses: Trust me, I'm a professional

You guys! I've been a bridesmaid twice this year and 7 times total so that makes me 20 short from being Katherine Heigl in the movie 27 Dresses but still enough to be considered a professional. I just wanted to share a secret (well, not really secret) online Bridal shop that has really cute, affordable, and comfortable bridesmaid dresses. Let me introduce you to Azazie.com. This online bridal shop offers wedding and bridesmaid dresses plus some accessories. You can order by size or send in your measurements for a custom-fit dress (note: custom fit dresses are not returnable). Here's my Azazie story:

When my cousin, Jenny B, now Jenny D, told us we would be ordering our dresses online I had questions and clearly needed more information. Was it going to be quality fabric? Will they have good customer service should I have 35 questions about fit? Is the color pretty? Can we exchange them if they look horrendous? Much to my surprise and glee, the answers to all my questions were a resounding 'YES!'

Fabric: Jenny D chose chiffon so it flowed like butta' and hid any and all sins. The dresses weren't fitted so we had plenty of room to shake our groove thang. And if that isn't enough room for you, you could do as one of the bridesmaids, Kayti, did and just cut the dern thing at the reception! Side note: Jenny D approved of this before the chopping commenced. #ihatelemonchiffon

Customer Service: Luckily, I only had one question regarding the sizing and the gals at Azazie were ON IT. I got a response the next day that was so polite, professional, and helpful. They really do want you to be happy and look great in their dresses. #rightontopofthatrose (hint: that is from a Christina Applegate movie that I LOVE)

Fit: As with every single bridesmaid dress in the history of bridesmaid dresses the dress I chose needed a few alterations but nothing crazytown. I just needed to hem the bottom and take in the top a bit. Nothing outrageously difficult and nothing that I wouldn't have done to any other dress. Some of the gals didn't have to do a thing (lucky bitches! and I say that with love) Unless you are mega tall you will ALWAYS have to hem a bridesmaid dress and I ain't gonna be mad if I have to TAKE IN a dress, for Pete's sake! That's what you want so I was happy to make these alterations. #doesthisbouquetmakemelookfat

Color: Since Jenny D's color inspiration was 'Citrus Explosion' (okay, so I added the explosion part but it was really bright and happy so it totes fits) she chose a watermelon chiffon. The color was deliciously gorgeous on all the girls. Also, it made you look tan even if you really look like Powder (does anyone remember that movie?!?). Any way, weddings are such a magical and happy time and this was the perfect color for the amount of happiness at this wedding. #icarriedawatermelon? (hint: that is from one of Jenny D's fave movies even if she fell asleep during the opening credits)

Exchange Policy: So, ordering anything online can raise anxiety levels and the fact that it's a bridesmaid dress can make it even more stressful because everyone will be looking at you walking down the aisle! Oh wait, that's the bride. Regardless, if you are a bridesmaid that means you are special to the bride and in return you want to look your best which means you want your dress to look fabs, or as close to it as possible. Here's the beauty of Azazie: if you don't like the dress you order you have two weeks to return it. Two weeks might not sound like a lot of time but who doesn't rip open a package the day it arrives to check out the loot? No one - that's what I thought! So, the first dress I ordered was cute but the cut of the top wasn't working for my lady pillows and I would have had to purchase yet another torture device that masks as a bra and I wasn't in the mood for all that jazz. So, I sent it back, ordered a new dress, it came in, I loved it, had it altered, rocked it, end of story. #exchangeittillyoumakeit

I would highly recommend Azazie and no I'm not being paid to write this blog (although that would be a dream come true). Azazie is also a great option because the bride can pick the color and fabric and then the maids can chose from over 100 different styles. There is literally something for everyone. So, before I go, here are a few photos of the dresses so you can admire the color, fit, and quality. P.S. my dress was only $129! Enjoy!

With the BEAUTIFUL Bride, Jenny D and Aunt Judy
 
Fabulously stunning line up I'd say!

Pretty sure I was laughing at my sister here
 
close up of the neckline (which I loved) and a little sass for ya'. muah!
 
Love and shoes,
Kimberly

5 comments:

  1. abendkleider größe 50
    designer brautmode online
    brautkleid kurzarm hamburg
    cocktailkleider weiß
    So viele Kleider warten auf Ihre Option, wenn Sie eine schöne Dame sein wollen, bitte wählen Sie uns http://www.jadegowns.de
    Für mehr Kleider Informationen, bitte E-Mail an www.jadegowns.de@outlook.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. only the most beautiful  minel wedding dress reviews ire brisbane are meant for a perfect beauty like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you have already picked out the colors for your wedding, you should definitely purchase this colorful girl dress for your big day.glamchase beautiful crossdress reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are the some nice and beautiful dresses for the woman.

    ReplyDelete