Monday, March 28, 2011

Exercising My Sense of Humor

It's never an easy job to find pants, shorts, jeans, or any other bottoms for me and that's okay.  I've accepted the fact that I have to try on literally EVERY pair of pants before buying them, even if it's the same size, color, and cut.  It's just the cross I bear. haha!

I went to Gap last week to look for yet another pair of black pants, because apprarently the closet full I currently have isn't enough.  I pulled about five pairs and didn't really love any of them so I made my way to the register to pay for my $15 white shirt with sleeve embellishments (I felt I needed a little somethin somethin to make up for the defeat that just occurred in the dressing room).  When I arrived at the register I was questioned by the sales associate who said: "You mean you didn't find a single pair in that stack?!?!"

<<Inner Monologue to Sales Associate: "You know, you seem like a sweet lady and I know it's your job to sell pants but when someone brings a STACK of pants into the dressing room and ends up with just a white tee, chances are they didn't have much luck and don't need to be reminded of that fact.  And for the record, some were too big!">>

However, she did redeem herself.  I just responded by saying "Yeah, sometimes I have a hard time finding a good fit" and she said "How? You are so small. What are you a size 6?"  I could have jumped across that counter and made out with her right there, but I opted to just say "I love you for that" and smiled.  

Appreciating the kind words I just received, even if she was blowing smoke up my skirt, I made my way to the doors. Just as I was enjoying the pep in my step, I walked by this girl who was looking through a stack of pants and excitedly said "Oh Look! They have double zeros now!!" Really?! Really?! That's not even a size. It's a double nothing! 

All I could do was look up to the man upstairs, laugh a little, and say to myself "thank you for that."  I mean, it really couldn't have been a more perfect setup in the comedic world, which is where I constantly find myself living.  Instead of beating myself up about not finding pants and then walking next to a girl who is excited about a technically non-existent size, I decided to find the humor, laugh, and add yet another good story to the vault.  I had to look on the bright side. At least I will never be mistaken for a 10 year old boy.  Ooops, did I say that? ;-)

Love and shoes,
Kim

 

1 comment: