Tuesday, July 15, 2014

I'm Baaaaack!

Oh my shoes! I have been away for so long and do apologize. There have been so many times this past year that I've thought to myself "I should blog about that" but then the Real Housewives of Orange County or Teen Mom 2 comes on and sitting on the couch was so much easier than TURNING ON MY LAPTOP RIGHT NEXT TO ME. I mean, so ridiculous. And yes, I do watch those shows...religiously.

Well, I've finally gotten myself together and have recommitted to this blog. (Disclaimer: I will most likely still have long lapses in time where I post but my intentions are real.) So, what got me back? Well, I was doing my afternoon social media skim and I got lost in some paleo blog that I'll never cook anything from b/c anything that has more than 3 ingredients and 2 steps is too much for me, and that got me thinking about my blog and wondering if it's still around (ya' never know). So, I did a quick search and here I am! I read my last blog and got inspired again. Well, not my very last one b/c that was about how I despise anything that's boyfriend cut, which is still a firm HATE. It was my '2012 Typing Up Loose Ends' entry that really got me jazzed. It was almost like talking to your past self and being so excited to tell her what all has happened to her since you've been gone (whoa, that's cosmic or something).

I'm not going to bite off more than I (or you) can handle on my first post back b/c trying to post a years worth of information is crazy insane and makes me tired just thinking about it (there seems to be a lazy theme in this blog. yikes). But for reals, it's tiring NOT because I'm lazy but because so many fun and great things have happened!

In order to avoid being overwhelmed, I make lists. I feel they are helpful and easy to read/skim. So, here is my List of Life (since April of last year):

  1. I still hate Crocs
  2. I went to the wedding of my high school friend, Anne, and celebrated her union to Ryan. So fun and the wine was TDF (to die for).
  3. I went to another lovely wedding of two friends, Jenna and John, and met a very important person at that reception (more on that later). Also, I have to confess I missed the actual marriage part b/c I was at a hair appointment. There. I said it. Feels good to get that off my chest. I'm sorry, Jenna but it would have been a disservice to all if I showed up with my hair in such an unsightly state. You're welcome.
  4. I went to Colorado to support my friend, Tara crush a 100-mile mountain bike race and confirmed I will never participate. Dude, there were people missing limbs (LIMBS!) and were still killing it like it was just another day. I have all my appendages and wouldn't be able to do what they do. Truly inspiring.
  5. I went to Mexico to celebrate two friends, Charlie and Kelly, get married. Tropical, nautical, fantastical.
  6. I went HUNTING for the first time in my life. I didn't kill anything nor will I ever be able to, but drinking a bottle of wine in the deer blind was fun.
  7. I took a BFF Forever trip with my (duh) BFFs, Meagan and Lisa. You may have seen a few Instagram pics of us drinking our way through Charleston. I don't apologize. I won't! It was fabulous.
  8. I went to the Don Strange Ranch (yeah, where Miranda and Blake Shelton got married!) to celebrate two more of my friends, Jill and Jerry, get married. Just gorgeous.
  9. Went to Vegas for a super fantastic birthday celebration which included a cabana by the pool, lots of Dayquil (b/c it's not a trip unless I have an ailment), and Britney Spears (you may have seen my posts). Thank you to Tara, Rhonda, and Panda (aka very important person).
  10. Left Kirksey Architecture and took a job at W.S. Bellows Construction where my first weeks were spent working out of what was basically a storage room. No worries, I have since upgraded to a big-girl office with a window.
  11. Moved into a super cute house owned by my friends, Tara and Rhonda, with that very important person I met at said wedding reception. We have a grill. It's totally official.
  12. Was over the moon for not one, not two, but three engagements! My sister and cousins, Audrey and Stephanie. 2015 is going be one big ol' party full of love and cake. Who could ask for more?!?
I'm going to stop there b/c you are probably ready to sign off. If there was a huge life event that I completely forgot and you were a part of, I'm truly sorry. It's not because you aren't important to me or the time we shared was forgettable. If you'd like, leave me a comment so we can relive the amazingness all over again. 

Thanks for reading and I'll try to post more random stuff that floats around in my brain. Till next time.

Love and shoes,
Kimberly

P.S. One more to grow on, while I was sleeping one night, a bug was flying around, the sound got louder, and then BAM! the bug was stuck in my ear. MY EAR! I screamed, flipped on the lights, woke up Chris, ran to the bathroom, and jammed my ear as close to the light as I possibly could. It worked b/c the bug was drawn to the light and came out. I asked Chris what it was like seeing that and all he could say was "I don't want to talk about it" so it was THAT good/gross. Oh, and it was a carpenter ant which might seem small but anything fluttering around in your ear at 4:30am (or anytime for that matter) is a BIG EFFING DEAL.


2 comments:

  1. dresses order in canada
    dresses with monarch butterflies on top
    charlotte simpson preowned dress
    only the most beautiful are meant for a perfect beauty like you! http://www.clavonna.com
    For more dresses information, please email at info.clavonna@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. jadegown evening gown boutique reviews
    if you pick up dresses,http://www.jadegown.com.au gives you amazing choices.

    ReplyDelete