Saturday, May 21, 2011

Baubles, Beads, and Beauty

I love jewelry. I love how there are so many different choices, looks, and colors. I love how it can totally transform an outfit from drab to fab. I love how anyone can afford it. Basically, I love everything about it!

Thanks to my cousin, Jenny, I have become obsessed with Elva Fields jewelry, specifically, their necklaces.  I recieved one for Christmas from my mom and will treasure it forever.


Here is a close-up so you can see the vintage brooches.


Emily, owner of Elva Fields, visits local and far-flung markets for unusual vintage and antique pieces. The unique finds are then reconfigured and incorporated in unexpected, timeless designs. Each  piece is handmade and are beautifully crafted which makes them all one-of-a-kind. You will never walk into a room and see someone else wearing the same jewels!

Now that I've had a taste of her beautiful artistry, I find myself checking the website almost once a week. They are always offering fabulous sales or free shipping if you are on the mailing list, which is a must! A week ago I got bit by the Elva Fields bug again. This purple and green beaded necklace with an antique gold brooch caught my eye and there was no turnng back. Being the indecisive woman I am, I had to enlist the help of two of my friends, Kate and Meagan, to make sure I wasn't crazy for wanting this piece. They, of course, didn't skip a beat and convinced me I needed it. I deserved it. The necklace. was. mine!

After two emails of convincing, I quickly went online, made my purchase, and anxiously awaited the arrival of my new addition. The fact that it was on sale was a total bonus! I started checking my mail two days after the transaction was completed and finally, on the fourth day, it arrived! I felt I needed to document the unwrapping ceremony so I could share it with all of you.

Upon opening the box, you'll find your purchase safely enveloped in chartruese paper and monogrammed sticker. Its cheery color adds to the excitement!


Next, you'll see a thoughtfully and tastefully wrapped package:


The anticipatioin grows with each layer.


They take these packages seriously! It's refreshing and lovely.


The one I chose is appropriately named People Person. It took me about 20 seconds to get it around my neck.

Notice the one-of-a-kind brooch adding flare and fabulousness:


This is my "tell me this isn't beautiful" face:


As you can see, I think statement pieces are a great addition to every woman's collection but you don't have to go to a fancy boutique or website to find them. Just keep your peepers peeled for pieces that are unique yet beautiful, timeless yet tasteful, and represent you! However, if you want something special, visit elvafields.com, pick the one that speaks to you, and make a statement...around your neck!

Love and shoes,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment