Thursday, February 24, 2011

Levi's loves women...real women.

I was browsing through my InStyle magazine filled with ads for clothing that I admire but can't always afford and don't necessarily speak to my body style.  Page after page offers striking images that make you want to jump right in the ad and sun tan on the Riviera with your equally chic boyfriend (sexuality questionable) or slather yourself in plaid and play croquet with the Tommy Hilfiger family.  Then out of nowhere, I come upon this new Levi's ad that impacted me so much I had to read it aloud to my co-workers.  It was real and it was speaking to all the other real women that buy and read this magazine.  I mean, let's be honest, the models aren't the ones reading the mags.  We are!

Most women know the perils of jean shopping.  It ranks right up there with bathing suits and pap smears.  It's a pain in the pear shaped ass!  This ad embraces curves, no curves, and everything in between.  It speaks to the majority of this world who are on the constant search for the perfect jean.  Your name may not be listed below, but they are speaking to you!

Now I realize I might be a little more in love with fashion than the average person, but this ad truly affected me.  It made me feel good about myself and gave me hope that I can walk into the Levi's store and leave a happy customer.  It made me proud of my curves.  I've worked hard on them:-)  And curves shouldn't be associted with 'fat'.  I hate that connotation.  Curves means womanly, athletic, beautiful, unique, and sensual.  Finding the right pair of jeans spans the spectrum of body styles and Levi's is responding.  Finally! A company that is tailoring its line to the consumer's needs and not the other way around. 

I know Levi's isn't the first to offer custom fit jeans, but they are the first company that grabbed my attention and made me feel okay for having sturdy thighs and a stout butt.  I went online to see what the CurveID is all about and it was fun and easy.  It's interactive and provides photos to help you figure out which style is the best fit for your body.  I'm Bold Curvy:-)  Damn skippy I'm bold and curvy. What's the alternative? Timid and square? No fun in that!

Now, you have to be brutally honest on the website in order to get the right result, but who cares if the end result is a sweet-ass fitting jean! Hell, I'd give up carbs for life if you could guarantee a jean that fits...okay, maybe not that far, but I'd give 'em a day. I believe that's a more-than-fair trade off. 

If you want to ensure an accurate measurement or if you are measurement challenged like myself, you can also go into the store and an associate can help you.  What's a fifteen sixteenth anyway?!

Levi's is a trusted, classic brand that has been around for ages.  They know jeans and it appears they know real women too!  Take back the control when it comes to the jean search.  Don't squeeze your fantastically plump rear end or rock hard athletic legs into what the designers think you should look like.  Get a Levi's custom pair that are literally made just for your hot ass!

Be inspired and empowered. No one can fill YOUR jeans but you!

Love and shoes,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment