Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Hats off to those with flair...and my best friend, Meg

Well, we are at the foyer of fall and it's time to get your wardrobes ramped up for the 2 months of cold weather we will experience here in HTX.

I've never really been a fan of fall/winter clothing. I'm much more of a sundress/sandals kind of gal, but I'm starting to form a better appreciation for this season and it's fashion as well. Aside from the typical sweaters, coats, and jeans we all arm ourselves with, my faves, of course, are the accessories. I love me a scarf/hat combo with some cute gloves to top it all off, now I just need the weather for them!

Other than fall, the Royal Wedding kicked off a hat/fascinator frenzie, and my best friend, Meg, turned to me for advice on etiquette regarding these toppers.

First things is first, if you are wearing a fascinator, it stays on. You don't need to remove it when indoors or even inside a Church. Just think of it as an extension of your hairstyle!

Now hats are another story. Women don't necessarily follow the same rules as men, however, being the sophisticated ladies we are, there are a few standards we need to uphold. Lucky for us, the rules have relaxed a bit since the 20th century!

In general, you should remove your hat if you are going to work, if your hat is blocking someone's view, or if you are in a place of worship. If you are shopping, catching some lunch with friends, or going out to a bar, these are more casual events thus it being acceptable to leave the hat on.

My advice to anyone is if you feel inappropriate, chances are, you should remove your topper. Just be considerate to your surroundings, the event, and to other people.

This blog post is dedicated to and inspired by my beautiful friend and birthday girl, Meagan, who took a step in the fashion forward direction recently and not only bought herself a hat, but donned it to work one day. She snapped a photo of her new fabulous accessory. Doesn't she look radiant and Parisian?!


Happy Birthday, Best Friend! I hope you have a fabulous birthday filled with style, love, and plenty of delicious cake.

My hats off to you today and forever!

Love and shoes,
Kim

1 comment:

  1. Find Your Perfect Evening Gowns, Prom Dresses and Party Cocktail Dresses, Bridesmaid Dresses . No matter what kind of wedding dress do you want, dresses we can make it a reality. With hundreds of dress styles and infinite customization.clavonna dress prom canada reviews

    ReplyDelete