Saturday, November 5, 2011

Two is better than one

Sad news day in the shoe world for me. I think ('think' only because it's too hard for me to fully commit to tossing them in the trash) I have come to the end of the road with my favorite pair of black pumps. I know! You're saying "what? why? I can't believe this news. How are you going to cope!" 

I actually went through two pairs of this shoe, one in black patent and one in black leather. I had to part with the black patent ones about two years ago and now, the time has come for the leather pair. *TEAR* I have had them resoled and reheeled in order to squeeze as much life out of these kicks. I LOVE this shoe and everything about it. It is simple, comfortable, and went with everything. I've been on the hunt for a replacement pair for a while know b/c I could foresee what was on the horizon, but I haven't had any luck finding a pair that can compare. 

This goes to show, ladies, if/when you find the perfect black pump, buy two pair (or possibly three!). I wish I had snagged another pair but alas, they don't make the style anymore...and believe me, I've checked on amazon, ebay, nextag, etc. I even did one more search this morning. It was a total bust.

Hear me now, a great pair of black pumps is a crucial 'must-have' and I am just devestated that mine are kaput! But have no fear. I'll go on. After I get through the mourning stage of these stems, I'll regain the strength and focus to get out there again and look for my next fab black pump. However, none of them will be able to replace the Nine West Luceros. UNLESS, someone wants to donate to the Christian Louboutin dream shoe fund;-)


Ah well, a girl can dream. *sigh*

I thank you for humoring me on this melodramatic post. I realize it's not late, breaking, national news, but if there was ever a place to rant and rave about your favorite pair of shoes, this is the spot, and I welcome it!

Love and (the perfect pair of black) shoes,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment