Monday, January 31, 2011

Happy Feet, Sad SAGS

HAPPY FEET!

I'm sorry to say, I can't comment on the SAG Awards red carpet fashion with full credit because I was not plastered to the TV last night. I was plastered in another way after partaking in the celebratory drinks for my Houston Marathon friends.  (kidding on the plastered part though) After cheering on all the amazing runners and friends, I have to share my new favorite thing. Rainboots! I know there is nothing new about these but I never had a pair and never really thought I needed them.  Oh man was I happy to have them yesterday! Thanks to my sister, Katie, my feet were happy, dry, and fashionable.  I mean, if I have to wear rubber boots on my feet, they might as well be cute, right?  If you are in the market for some booties, check out Target.  We got ours for $25 and we'll have them forever.  A good price for a good product. Love!



SAD SAGS

From the photos I've seen online thus far, I would have been underwhelmed with last night's red carpet. OH MY BLAHNIKS, what happened?!? Did all the stylists take vacation at the same time as a sick joke and leave these celebrities alone to pick out their dresses? If so, these ladies most definitely should stick to acting and leave the styling to the professionals. And stylists, leave the joke telling to the comedians and get back to your day job!

I have to give it to the men for this round.  They seemed very dapper and pulled together, which is a bit more than I can say for the ladies. Although, I have to hand it to my girl Amber Riley for, yet again, giving her hourglass figure a timeless look.

Amber Riley, I raise my glass to you!


There were more oh gaws! then ooohhh, ahhhhs.  Take for instance, our favorite track-suit wearing cheer coach, Jane Lynch, from Glee.

Oh, Janey, take a page out of Ellen's book next time and maybe stick to a nice pantsuit with some sequin accents.  She looks like a middle-aged woman trying to be a Disney princess. I love you, but this is grounds for a Fashion Citation.


I wanted to share this next dress as an example of great color, but bad execution.  I loved the vibrant pink but the velvet black bow seemed like it was stolen from a little girl's dress and slapped on her waist as an afterthought.  There is nothing 'cutsie' about this dress so leave the bows to Pippy Longstocking.  It might have worked better with a plain black or black sequin belt or even a thin, metallic silver belt.  This dress shouts fun and wild, don't try and tame it with a bow. Also, the eye makeup.  We got it. You're going for a dramatic look.  The neon pink offers more drama than a Hilary Swank movie. No need to add racoon eyes on top of it.


Speaking of Hilary Swank, I would love her more if she would smile with her mouth closed.  She has a beautiful body and usually picks very elegant dresses but everytime she opens her mouth I hear the theme song to Mr. Ed in  my head.  Ooooh, Wilbur!



One more side note before I sign off. Why in hell does Kim Kardashian pop up at every freakin' awards show on the planet? Someone needs to tell her she is only qualified for the Razzies, TV Land, or NFL Awards.  When you show up looking like a Selena reject, you clearly don't belong among the silverscreen actors.

I wonder if the right boob is jealous of the left boob since it didn't get any bedazzle love. 


That is all for now my fashionistas.  Until next time, look fierce and smile big.

Love and shoes,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment