Friday, January 14, 2011

A Woman's Relationship with her Shoes, Explained:


"Our shoes are more than just an accessory - they shape the way we carry ourselves in the world.  We glide into a party in a pair of snakeskin Jimmy Choo sandals, stroll down the avenue in ultrachic Stuart Weitzman booties, walk confidently into a board meeting in polished calfskin Manolo pumps, or slink onto the dance floor in a pair of disco-era Halston heels.  There's a fabulous shoe for every stride, and - whether it's a sky-high stiletto or a down-to-earth oxford, a gilded gladiator sandal or a vintage d'Orsay pump - each shoe transforms the wearer's strut and, with it, her whole attitude."
~My Page-A-Day Shoe Calender

Now I'll be the first to say I have to substitute Jimmy Choo, Manolo, and Halston for Nine West, BCBG, and Steve Madden, but you get the point.

But why can't we have this amazing shoe collection and not feel guilty? No reason at all!  I mean there are worse things a person can be addicted to.  Hello? Let me bring you back to the Crocs craze.  Ick!  (I'm sure I will get flack for dissing the Crocs, but did you really think I would be okay with these? uhh, no!).  As long as you aren't going into debt over some new kicks, I really don't see why other people have to fuss.  To those fussy people, I say "Get your dumb ol' gardening Crocs outta my closet and get a a freakin' life!" I bring in a paycheck and have no qualms about wanting to own a pair of fabulous luxury shoes someday, preferably Christian Louboutin. A girl's gotta have a dream! Dream provided below.

Hello, Lover!

So, the next time someone gives you a hard time about buying yet ANOTHER pair of shoes or you are having an internal struggle with yourself on adding to your collection, drop the wet blanket of a friend because a true friend will ride that crazy shoe train all the way to the clearance rack, or slap some sense into yourself for denying your shoe village a new fabulous friend! Then, remember the abovementioned quote.  It will give you comfort and help to center your shoe chi.  

A great pair of shoes won't bring on world peace, but they sure as hell can bring a smile to your face!  In the words of Rupaul, "You better WORK!"

Love and shoes,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment